Wednesday, February 17, 2010
here we go again
i finished the pattern and got all the fabric today for the next quilt. the image is of R136 in 30 Doradus. it's a pretty new image to come out of hubble; i think it only came out within the past couple of months. the pattern is pretty intense, and because the image is highly variant in colors, i think i'm going to rely a lot on plaid fabrics to get across all the crazy wisps of colors. i'm going to concentrate first on getting all the background pieces put together, and then once that's done, go back in and machine the stars on with this bright blue/aqua variegated thread i got.